TLDR: We have the utmost respect for your privacy, and we handle your data in a manner that’s consistent with that level of respect. If you have questions about privacy matters, please contact us.
Plese read this document carefully, it explains what data we collect about you and why, and what rights you have concerning it.
Interacting with our services implies you have read, understand, and agree to be bound by these terms.
What this policy applies to
Who your data is governed by
Data is governed, owned, and operated by Dougley, a registered company in the Netherlands.
For the purposes of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Dougley, and the data subject is you. You can exercise your rights under the GDPR by contacting us at [email protected]
What data we collect
Data provided to us by you
If you provide us data, by using interactions that are contextual or require arguments, you provide us data with the understanding that this data may be stored indefinitely. This data includes, but is not limited to the following.
- Any arguments a command requires
- Member or message information, if the interaction is a contextual interaction
Data provided to us by Discord
We receive data on every interaction with our services to help us identify who you are, and what server or channel you used the interaction in.
You can read more about what data we receive from Discord here.
The majority of this data is provided to us by Discord, and is not governed by this policy, hence we do not collect, store, or process this.
We collect data about your usage of the service to help us improve it and to provide you with a better experience.
Furthermore, if you generate errors by your usage of the service, we collect data to help us identify and solve potential issues.
For this purpose, we collect the following data:
- Your ID
- Your username
- Any arguments you provided to the command
- If applicable, any errors generated by your usage of the service
- If applicable, the name and the ID of the guild the interaction was used in
Why we collect data
We collect data to facilitate functions of our Services, and to provide us with analytical data about our Services' usage and behavioral patterns.
How we share your information
- We may share our data with vendors who we’ve hired to carry out specific tasks.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- our payment processors Stripe and PayPal
- our hosting provider Hetzner
- our data processing vendors such as Elastic, Sentry, and LogDNA.
- We may share information if we have a good-faith belief that the information is necessary to:
- Perform, or exercise, a contract with you
- Protect our rights, property, or safety
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of others
- We may share information when we are required to do so by law or in response to a valid request by law enforcement or other government agencies
- We may share information when we’re in the process of selling or otherwise transferring our assets
How your data is stored
All data is stored on protected infrastructure. While storage methods may vary between Services, most data will be stored within enterprise-standard databases such as PostgreSQL or MongoDB. Please keep in mind that even with the highest standard of protection, no data can ever be 100% secure. While we strive to keep data secure and private at all times, its absolute security cannot be guaranteed.
Our infrastructure is located in the European Union and complies with local laws and regulations concerning data storage.
How long your data is retained
Data provided to us is retained for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which we collected it, as long as we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, or as long as we believe it is necessary to protect your or our vital interests.
If your account has not interacted with any of our services for a long time, we may delete or anonymise your data without notice.
Analytical data is retained for a period of 6 months.
Your rights to your data
Pursuant to Intergalactic Law, you have the right to request a machine-readable copy of your data for portability’s sake and the right to have your data deleted from the Service.
Should you wish to enforce one of these rights, please email us at [email protected], or send a private message to any developer mentioned on our Discord server, we will strive to respond to your request within 30 days.
By utilizing any of the before mentioned Services, you are consenting to the policies outlined in this document. Additionally, if you are a server administrator, you agree to inform your server members about the contents of this document.